Sunday 14 June 2015

Stake Out by Lily Luchesi

Yo guys!
Joe here with another review for you all! :)
Today I’m going to be reviewing Lily Luchesi’s book ‘Stake-Out’


Here’s a little bit of the blurb to get you interested:
Detective Danny Mancini is on a case, following a murder suspect. When he catches him, he finds out that the perp isn't even human: he's a 200 year old rogue vampire!

The department doesn't believe him, and puts him on early retirement, despite his many years of service to the Chicago Police Department, which sends him into a downward spiral.

Two years later, Danny gets an invitation from the beautiful, young and very attractive Detective Angelica Cross to join a secret branch of the FBI to help her track down Vincent, the wayward vamp.
.

I received a copy of this e-book from the author for an honest review.

So; first of all, let me just say that I had this book had gained my interest a little while before the author emailed me, and when she did I knew I had to jump at the chance to read it.
So, after receiving an e-book version from her I proceeded to read it and it took me about two days to finish.

The book itself was pretty faced paced and was very ‘right to the point’ with its story.

The story to me felt a little rushed due to the fast-paced nature of it, the first few chapters were very well spaced out, in a time frame means, and they captured the settings for the characters quite well.
After finding out about the secret branch in the FBI, everything seemed to be flung at you.

I understand why the author chose to implement a few other paranormal/supernatural beings into this book, but it felt like it was just filler for the ‘final fight’.

Even though the story was really good and the premise was awesome; the book could’ve been pumped a little more with added detail to the relationships, the reason why Danny is having these visions (which was briefly explained but still left me with a slight twinge to want more understanding)

The characters to me were quite well done, they had traits which made them more realistic than your average characters like Danny’s ignorance to Angelica’s badass-ness and her ability to look after herself.
There were a few moments were I felt like the relationships were just thrown together for a split second of enjoyment from the reader, when actually if it was built up enough I, as the reader, would’ve felt a stronger overall connection to the relationship.

Overall this book was a good, quick and fun read!
The story had a good premise and idea behind it, but it lacked fuller content and detail and didn’t connect with me on a stronger level to make me fully devote myself to it.

If you are an enjoyer of Paranormal-Romance books, add this one to your collection, as it could be your thing!

A big thank you to Lily Luchesi for giving me the chance to review her book!

And thank you to you for reading!
See ya on the flip side guys.


Joe :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment