Thursday 22 May 2014

What is Amy Reading?

Hello fellow book-lovers!
 
I've decided to create a new "thing" for the blog, and it is "What is Amy Reading?", I figured that you all may be interested in what I am currently reading.


 
So, at the moment I'm reading two books - 'The Shock of the Fall' by Nathan Filer and 'This Star Wont Go Out' by Esther Earl; I'll tell you a little bit about them.
 
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer

What attracted me to this book was the cover, and also the blurb on the back which says this:
 
‘I’ll tell you what happened because it will be a good way to introduce my brother. His name’s Simon. I think you’re going to like him. I really do. But in a couple of pages he’ll be dead. And he was never the same after that.’
 
Now, I don't know about you, but after reading that I wanted to know why his brother died and who Simon is. At the moment, as of today, I am about a quarter of the way through the book, and it's taking me so long to read because I've been super busy with college work...I'll be better, I promise!
I think this book is going to be one that has a really gripping middle and ending because right now, I can't really get into it, it's interesting and reasonably good, but I am just not hooked yet.
I will post a review when I've finished it, stay tuned for that next year ;-) (not really, more like in a month or so!)
In the meantime, click the link above to see the Goodreads page for the book, and read about the book and the reviews.
 

This next book that I'm reading, 'This Star Won't Go Out' is the life story of Esther Grace Earl who battled with cancer and died at the very young age of 16. There are a couple of reasons as to why I bought this book, 1) She is one of the inspirations behind John Green's amazing novel - 'The Fault in Our Stars', and I basically wanted to know what she was like. 2) I enjoy reading life stories, and I've heard so much about Esther through watching John Green talk about her on YouTube.
At the moment, I am nearly half way through this book, and it's really well written. The last book of this type that I read  was Tom Daley's book 'My Story', and as much as I LOVE him, the book disappointed me a bit as it was mostly about his diving career more than his life. I know how her story ends, and I'm not really looking forward to reading that part, but from what I've read so far, I know that she was such a positive, fun-loving person despite what life threw at her.
There will definitely be a review of this, hopefully in a months time when 'The Fault in Our Stars' film comes out.
If you're eager to read about this book and some of the reviews, click the link to the Goodreads page above!
 
So there we have it! The two books I'm currently reading at the moment. Apologies for not putting the book cover images in the post, Blogger is being difficult and stretches the images when I click "Publish", in the meantime I'll just be using links.
 
Thank you for reading, let me know if you enjoyed this post as I will carry on doing more as and when I finish these books and begin new ones.
Please follow the blog here on Blogger if you enjoy what you read, and don't forget to follow us on our various social media sites - you can find the links in the top right of the blog.
 
Amy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment